Are you tired of fleas? Ever got a flea bite on your skin? Flea bites on human skin look like small red bumps. Fleas mostly bite humans around ankles, lower legs, and feet while dogs around hind legs, groin, and between ribcage and tail. The redness depends from person to person.
If you are allergic to flea bites, then it might last for several days. If you scratch the fleabite, it may last longer. Avoid scratching fleabites. Let’s discuss its symptoms, possible treatments, and problems fleabites can cause.
WHAT ARE FLEAS:
Fleas are insects that suck the blood of mammals and birds. It carries disease to a person. It is wing-free, and its length is around 2 to 8mm long. Its deep brown oval-shaped insect.
It has six legs, and its hind legs are large, which helps them do long jumps. Flea insects are found mainly in temperate, polar, and tropical regions.
HOW FLEA BITES LOOK LIKE:
Sand fleas bite humans, which are usually found in coastal areas. Flea bites on your skin look like small red bumps in the form of a group or straight line. It swells if you scratch it with your nails. attached picture will show you how it actually looks like.
SYMPTOMS OF FLEA BITES:
There are no major symptoms of flea bites until a person is allergic to them. several symptoms are:
- It is intensely itchy.
- After a day, a red bump turns into a wound.
- Flea bites are always on feet and legs.
- Scratching results in infection.
- Allergic to flea bites may become hypersensitive.
- A red bump pops up within half an hour of the bite.
TREATMENTS OF FLEA BITES:
treating flea bites is not tricky. It does not need any treatment until any painful symptom develops after a bite. there are a few simple things you can do:
- Avoid scratching flea bites; otherwise, it will turn into a wound.
- Use creams, calamine lotion, or ointment to treat its itching.
- Use antiseptic soap to wash.
- Use an icepack for swelling
- If you are sensitive, then see your doctor for the safe side.
HOW TO GET A FLEA-FREE HOUSE:
Freeing your house from flea is not a challenging task. You need to keep two-three things in your mind, and you are good to go i.e.:
- If you have a pet, keep its bed and area clean.
- Keep your carpets clean and wash them regularly.
- Use ‘flea bomb’ spray to keep it free from flea.
WHAT MAJOR PROBLEMS DO FLEA BITES CAUSE:
Flea bites do not cause any significant problems in humans. If bacteria enter your body through a bite, then it causes an infection. It can cause allergic reactions to the one having sensitive skin. It can also cause complications to pets due to blood loss like anemia.
Flea bites do not sound dangerous. Avoid scratching flea bites and use any ointment or calamine lotion for relief. Flea bites do not require any effective treatments. You just have to keep your house and pet’s surroundings clean.